Himmat Terms and Conditions
1.1 Himmat is a mobile application or “App” in short, developed by Delhi Police, in partnership with SmartCloud Infotech Private Limited to alert and inform your trusted ones about any physical emergency situation you may find yourself in. On initiating the SOS, the App is designed to send a sms to your emergency contacts & facebook chosen by you while registering on Delhi Police website .It provides your location to Delhi Police Control Room as a link on Google/Maps along with 30 sec video & audio of the surrounding during the emergency. It relies on your mobile phone network provider and Maps for providing this service timely and accurately. This App is in no way a substitute whatsoever for directly contacting Police authorities, family and friends.
1.2 Himmat App needs user to register and authenticate at the website of Delhi Police and provide certain details before the user can start using the application.
2. Proprietary Rights and licence
2.1. All trademarks, copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights of any nature in the Application together with the underlying software code are owned by Delhi Police.
- 3.1. The “Application” or “App” in short named as “Himmat” shall mean the software developed by SmartCloud Infotech Private Limited in partnership with Delhi Police, for use by members of the public after it is downloaded from the website of Delhi Police and to be used on devices running on Android OS ver 3.0 or above and to offer services related to any upgrades from time to time and any other software which enables the use of the Application.
4. System Requirements
- 4.1. In order to use the Application, you are required to have a compatible mobile phone or handheld device with GPS, internet access, and the necessary minimum specifications ('Software Requirements').
- 4.2. The Software Requirements are as follows: Android OS devices on Android OS 3.0 up above; Language: English.
- 4.3. The version of the Application software may be upgraded from time to time to add support of new functions and services.
- 5.1. This Application is available to handheld mobile devices running on Android OS Operating Systems between and including the Android OS ver_3.0 and above. Delhi Police and SmartCloud Infotech Private Limited will make reasonable efforts to make the Application available at all times. However acknowledgement of the Application is provided over the internet and mobile networks and so the quality and availability of the Application may be affected by factors over which Delhi Police and SmartCloud Infotech Private Limited have no control, such as Mobile network availability, prepaid connection balance, active sim and active connection with Mobile Provider etc.
- 5.2. Once the application is uninstalled or deleted or initial configuration settings are removed - the application and any support associated will cease to exist. Delhi police reserves rights to discontinue the application and associated support with a prior email notification to the user.
6. Conditions of Use
- 6.1. Delhi police will send speedy help to all users initiating SOS on Himmat application in Delhi and remain in Delhi jurisdiction. The Himmat application user initiating call from NCR region other than Delhi shall be extended support through Corresponding Control room by Hot line/wireless communication. It will not be possible to respond in case you roam out of NCR region.
- 6.2 You will not allow third parties on your behalf to (i) make and distribute copies of the Application, extract code (ii) attempt to copy, reproduce, alter, modify, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, transfer, exchange or translate the Application; or create derivative works of the Application of any kind whatsoever.
- 6.3. The Application is currently made available to you free of charge solely for your personal and non-commercial use. Delhi Police reserves the right to amend or withdraw the Application or service provided to you in accordance with these app terms, at any time and for any reason.
- 6.4. Your acknowledgement for the terms of agreement with your respective mobile network provider will continue to apply when using the Application. As a result, you may be charged by the Mobile Provider for access to network connection services for the duration of the connection while accessing the Application or any such third party charges as may arise.
- 6.5. If you are not the bill payer for the mobile phone or handheld device being used to access the Application, you will be assumed to have received permission from the bill payer for using the Application.
7. Data Protection
- 7.1. In case of an emergency, the personal information you have provided while registering, installing or using the application will be used by Delhi Police to know your location, contact details, emergency numbers, friends and family contact numbers etc. Such personal information may be responsibly shared further with appropriate authorities only in the context of the emergency. The video and audio data captured will be used by Delhi Police to only help you and in further investigations as the situation warrants.
- 8.1. Delhi Police may terminate use of the Application at any time for misuse and at their discretion may provide any information relevant to the termination of the Application on the website of Delhi Police.
- 8.2 Delhi Police will terminate the service of Himmat on receiving three deliberate and successive false alarms by user after giving notice through email/sms/social websites.
- 8.3. Upon any termination, (a) the rights and licenses granted shall terminate; (b) you must cease all use of the Software thereafter;